Friday, October 19, 2012

Damask Christmas Card


So, since I missed the challenge for Black Tie Fridays this past week; I was committed to entering the challenge this week.  When I got home from work today the hubby was taking a nap so I took advantage of the situation and decided to make a card for the new challenge that came out today.  So, I looked it up and Challenge #6 is Black and Brown with 3-D Inside.  Jeez, that's quite the challenge.  I had been wanting to experiment with some new Stampin' Up! materials that I had bought recently so I did.  I used the Ornaments Keepsakes stamp set along with the Holiday Ornaments Framelits to cut out the ornaments.  On the front of the card I attempted to fade from black to light brown with the layers (it's kind of hard to tell).  On the inside of the card I used four ornaments that I cut out, folded them in half and glued them all together for a "3-D Effect."  So, here goes... Black and brown card front with a 3-D Ornament inside!

Supplies:
   Cardstock: Stampin' Up! Whisper White, Basic Black, Soft Suede
   Stamp Set: Stampin' Up! Ornament Keepsakes and Season of Joy, Ditto Damask
   Framelits: Stampin' Up! Holiday Ornaments
   Ink: Stampin' Up! Basic Black, Soft Suede, Crumb Cake
   Twine: The Twinery Flax

Challenge Entered:
Black Tie Friday's

4 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful, simple, and elegant! Glad you got some time in to craft, and thanks for playing along at black Tie Friday's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The front of your card is beautifully done and the ornament inside is eye catching. Thank you for taking the time to enter a Black Tie Friday challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelly, Love your card! The 3D ornament turned out beautifully and the damask pattern is very elegant. Thanks for playing at Black Tie Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the background on the front of your card. The 3-d inside is great as well. Can't wait to get my order and play with these ornaments.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate all of your comments and support. Thanks for visiting! Shelly