Friday, December 6, 2013

Warm Wishes


It is freezing in Colorado!  I take that back, it is BELOW FREEZING!  I am not used to this weather at all, and I can't wait for some sunshine and some double digit temps.  My heart stops every time I look at the temperature because lately it has been below zero.  

I am a huge fan of the Denver Broncos and I am giving away my (season) ticket to the game this weekend because I am dreading the cold weather on Sunday.  I am opting to sit in the house by myself and watch the game in the warmth of my home.  

Back to my card, my two favorite colors are purple and gray.  So when I saw the PPA color challenge this week I knew I had to make a card.  I also used the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches and thought it would be fun to incorporate the image from the Remembering Christmas stamp set.  I embossed the image on Very Vanilla with clear embossing powder to get a fun texture and shimmer and then it all came together.  This may be a first for me, I used the entire stamp set on one card.  I am kind of proud of myself.  I opted to emboss the Elegant Eggplant cardstock with snowflakes so I could participate in the Stampin' Royalty "Snowflakes" challenge this week.

This card is for anyone out there who is freezing as much as I am... WARM WISHES!

 

Challenges Entered:



5 comments:

  1. Stay warm and keep on making cute cards! Thank you for joining the Pals this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this! could be because our school mascot is an Elk (I know you used a Deer but it's kinda Elkish), could be Purple is our school color and used a lot with Gray, could be the texturing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That stamp set worked so well with this sketch! And I'm with you, I dislike this below-freezing weather. I'd choose to stay in my warm, cozy home and watch the game on tv too when it's this cold. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty this is. Such a great take on the sketch and the colors! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super fun card! Thanks for joining us at Stampin' Royalty!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate all of your comments and support. Thanks for visiting! Shelly