Friday, September 13, 2013

The Paper Players #162


Boulder County, CO is flooding.  I have been working for Boulder County for a little over a year now and they are getting hit so hard.  Some of my coworkers live up in the mountain towns and all the access roads to them have washed away.  I sat in front of the TV yesterday for hours just watching the devastation of the water.  Yesterday I attempted to work from home and didn't get much done because of my limited access to things.  This morning we didn't need to go in again but I am waiting to get called in.  Since I run the hazardous waste facility we are expecting a lot of flooded basements to be cleaned out in the near future when everyone is safe.  I am still freaking out because the road that I used to drive on got completely washed out suddenly and took down three cars with it and they had to rescue a man out of the rapids.

So, in an attempt to keep my mind off of the bad news I made a card.  It is nothing special now that I look at but I know there are a few birthdays coming up in our office and I thought I would get a head start on the birthday cards.


Challenge Entered:
The Paper Players #162

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I have seen the flooding in CO and it is unbelievable! I am glad you are okay...and I am sure you'll have lots of work ahead of you. At least you can still stamp! Your graphic design is so cool....so glad you were able to play with my colors this week!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate all of your comments and support. Thanks for visiting! Shelly